[Edu-sig] Python @ Education: What are your problems?

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 10:33:52 -0400

> We already have such a library that imports some functions for printing
> programs and output, and the appropriate Numeric and Gnuplot objects. I=
> we found a satisfactory way of simplifying the kind of input we want to
> do this is precisely where it would go.

Great minds think alike I guess :-D.

Speaking of physics, you've no doubt checked into VPython, orginally
developed to support study of physics using real time graphics routines a=
Carnegie-Mellon Univ, as I understand the history:  http://www.vpython.or=
g/

Seems to me the interface between physics and programming is becoming
richer (and yet more affordable) by the day.  Makes me nostalgic for life=
=20
as an undergraduate (except in my day we had few PCs, no Linux, and
no Python -- but I've got all that now, and a day job to boot).

Kirby