[Edu-sig] Re: The right learning environment

Arthur Siegel ajs@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:09:27 -0500

>As per your non-linear approach, Arthur, I think your
>tendency to jump ahead (to "chapter 6") and preview is
>good, and worth building in to a curriculum.  Students
>want to see where this is all leading, i.e. what will
>I be able to do after I finish this course of study?

Along as you try to keep in mind that calling it an "approach"
in my case is probably giving it too much credit. It's an "is".
Happens to be the *only* way I can effectively learn. All I am advocating is
a curriculum that accounts for/ allows as legitimate this style of learning,
among others.

Crap. I think I'm sounding like a Piaget-ite.

The devil of course as always being in the details.

Art