[Edu-sig] BBC NEWS UK Education A GCSE at six

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:07:27 -0400

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/2209365.stm

Geetha Thaninathan says studying makes her happy

"""
A six-year-old girl has passed a GCSE in information technology.
Geetha Thaninathan, from Maidstone, Kent, who scored a C, is thought to be the
youngest child to pass the exam.

She began playing on her parents' computer at the age of two.

Her father, Kandasamy Thaninatha, who is an electronics engineer said: "Whenever
I did some work, she wanted to join me, she came and sat on my lap and said,
`Let me do it, I want to do it'.

"Initially, it annoyed me, and then I said, I will show you how to do it.

"I showed her how to do ABC and then she started with typing her own name."
"""

./Jason