[Edu-sig] Python for Algorithms and Data Structures...

Peter H. Froehlich pfroehli@ics.uci.edu
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:05:38 -0700

Hi there,

I am about to teach an introductory course (read: third course in
the intro sequence, university level) on algorithms and data
structures. I am looking for experiences in teaching such a course
using Python.

I have used Python successfully last summer for a compiler course,
but since the "default" language for this course is supposed to be
C++ I have a harder time balancing between the student's previous
experience and my desire for a clean presentation (using Python as
"pseudo code" of a sort).

What this all comes down to: If you have used Python in any
capacity for a similar course, please let me know about it. :-)

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich []->[!]<-[] http://nil.ics.uci.edu/~phf/