[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] Girls, women and Programming (- and Python)

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:21:19 -0700

At 12:49 PM 8/20/2002 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

>It's quite quick for small simple renderings, free so not a burden to a
>school etc.
>
>Might do quite well for the first few lessons, then take what they have
>learned and use it with python, getting another lessons in the process,
>Languages are similar in may respects and that skills from one can be
>used in another.

I completely agree.  Python + Povray has been a triple-underline
theme for me (Art was into it too -- even did T-shirts with the
technology).

See my http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy0.html and
following for examples of Python + Povray in action (even for
doing mundane things like graphs).

Kirby