[Edu-sig] Passing parameters to eval.

Titu Kim kimtitu@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:53:18 -0700 (PDT)

>Hi,
 >   I appreciate all replies to my previous quesions.
 >This time,  I am trying to pass two parameter to
eval
 >function so it can evaluate and return the result
base
 >on the parameter i gave. For examples:
 >
 >********func.py***************
 >def fun ():
 >   print v1+v2
 >
 >**************pro.py***********
 >from func import *
 >funname = "fun()"
 >v1 = "Hello "
 >v2 = "World"
 >eval(funname)
 >****************************
 >I know these code will not run. If i put fun in the
 >same file as pro.py, it works. What i want is to let
 >fun in func.py to have access to variable v1 and v2
 >which are declared in pro.py. How can i do this? Any
 >guidance or suggestion is highly appreciated.

I know this construct is weird. The reason i do this
is the following:
I have a cgi page that maintain the step to perform
based on the form fields it receives. There are many
fields this main cgi will receive. But each page
pointing to this main page may send different set of
fields. So base on the fields main cgi page get, it
can determine which page to run next. My plan is to
get the name of the function and pass it to eval. But
that particular function passed to eval will use some
parameters received by main page. That is why i wish
to make all the variables in main page to be visible
by other functions so i don't have to worry what
parameters to be passed. Any good alternative to this
problem? Thanks a lot.

Kim Titu