[Edu-sig] Python in Statistics class

Dean Goodmanson goodmansond@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:18:55 +0000

Another potentially naive post, but traffic is slow and it's almost Friday.

I am curious to how Python is being used in a statistics classroom.
In using python and In a brief search for Python and statistics I came
across enough information to feel that Python would be a good statistical
analysis tool. However, most of the information was either very math centric
(matrice analysis, etc.) or at a seemingly graduate level statistics.
Are there any Basic Statistics teachers out there, and are you using Python
for number crunching along with GNUPlot or other tools for graphic
representation?
Could you point to some basic resources for an armchair statistician, or
Practical Statistics (surveys, basic measurement analysis, etc.)

-Dean