[Edu-sig] Who is teaching Python??

Nora Wirtschafter Nora Wirtschafter <nww0002@mail.widener.edu>
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:22:24 -0500 (EST)

------=_Part_9598_3991677.1007058144615

Dear Colleagues,

I am teaching Python at Widener University, Chester, PA, in CSCI 131, an elective science course for non-computer science majors.

I am interested in knowing what other colleges, two- or four-year, are using Python as a teaching language.  Is Python offered at different levels in the curriculum? Computer Science majors at Widener use C as their beginning language; what language do your CS majors use as a start?  I am also interested in what texts you find appropriate (I have developed my own materials.)

Thank you for any responses.

Nora W. Wirtschafter, Instructor
Widener University
nww0002@mail.widener.edu