[Edu-sig] Just signed up

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:48:31 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Kirk Bailey wrote:

> for the list, I want to learn python and write a few things. Even
> willing later to help people learn it. Tried banging my poor head
> against perl for a spell, all I got was camel cooties...

Hi Kirk,

Welcome!  There's a section on Python.org for newcomers to the Python
language:

    http://python.org/doc/Newbies.html

and it has quite a few tutorials there that you can look at.

The Edu-sig mailing list is for educational issues, such as school
curricula and the Computer Programming For Everyone (CP4E) project; it
might not be the best place to ask "newbie" questions on Python.
Instead, you may find the Tutor mailing list a good place to ask
questions: