[Edu-sig] The Programmers Stone

Rob Andrews robnospam@jam.rr.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 07:37:58 -0500

Roman Suzi wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Probably I am not original, but I think this
> is very important for cp4e philosophy:
>
> http://www.reciprocality.org/Reciprocality/r0/index.html
>
> It actually says WHY cp is not 4e and WHAT to do.
>
> I recalled the progstone because it's very essential to the
> problem of cp4e: only Mappers could _program_ what they want,
> Packers just recall instructions to do something and
> have trouble when they aren't available in their memory,
> local library or the Internet ;-)
>
> Roman Suzi

Thanks for posting this one. I've never run across it before. If anyone
has a favorite link or three (including to your own sites) you would
care to share, I'm sure Useless Python could benefit from them. It's a
site focused on providing source code, challenges, and a place to post
solutions to ACM programming contest problems in Python. The goal is to
provide some tangible goals for new students (or enthusiasts, such as
myself) of Python to play/work with.

We already have some excellent links directly related to Python
(although always keeping an eye out for more), but would certainly
benefit from more links to sources of info on programming and problem
solving in general.

Happy Saturday,
Rob
--

You should have listened when your mother warned you about
Useless Python!