[Edu-sig] Python Briefing for Faculty

Seabrook, Richard rhseabrook@mail.aacc.cc.md.us
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:46:38 -0700

I'm putting together a 2-3 hour briefing + demonstration for faculty to try
to get them interested in Python for our introductory programming course,
which uses a baffling subset of C++ at the moment.  I thought I'd do it in
a PC lab with Win2000 and use Python 2.0 + IDLE.  I teach Python under
Linux, but I think the windoze environment will be more convincing for
them, and engaging for beginning programming students.  I plan to discuss
programming environments, provide an overview of the language, and have
them type in some small programs.  Anyone done this recently?  Have any
thoughts to contribute?
Thanks,
Dick S.

-