[Edu-sig] re: programming for artists

Arthur Siegel ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 13:16:14 -0400

>I think that even if math isn't a focus for the Contagious Fun
>project, there should at minimum be a chapter devoted to the math you need
>for multimedia.  Perhaps you'd be interested in taking this on?

Never suggested it as a focus.  Lobbying for it as an element.

A chapter works.

And yes, probably the best way for me to contribute.

I should get something down while the struggle - and
it was a struggle for me - to get a grasp of it is still fresh.

Probably will do something along the lines suggested by VPython's
crossproduct demo - using VPython and making the 'lessons'  dynamic
and visually interesting. Focus in on the basics of 3d graphics math.

Perhaps I shall now shut up.

Start 3d graphics math chapter?

Finish some documentation for PyGeo so I can put it out there?

Or do I dive in over my head and see if I figure out something
about where VPython is having problems? David Scherer?

Or devise an outing on a beautiful Spring day in NY?

ART