[Edu-sig] Interactive tutorial

Dustin Mitchell dustin@cs.uchicago.edu
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:23:21 -0500 (CDT)

On 8 Jun 2001, Jeffrey Elkner wrote:

> This is way too cool!!  I like the idea of
> www.python.org/cgi-bin/eval/python<version>, but if that isn't
> practical, Yorktown High School (as one of the major beneficiaries of
> this project ;-) would be glad to donate a server to it.  Just let me
> know.

Just a warning: this is asking for trouble.  Even with rexec, imagine
typing 'while 1: pass' and clicking 'eval'.  There's countless security
problems with putting something like this on a server.  They're all
soluble, but you'd better be sure you spotted *all* of them :-)

Sorry to rain on the parade.  Keep marching :-)

Dustin

| Dustin Mitchell                                        )O(        |