[Edu-sig] no Python 2.0 bindings for Lightflow until now ...

Markus Gritsch gritsch@iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:53:12 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Is there a reason why someone else can't do this?  Is this close
> source?

Yes, unfortunately closed source.

> Is Lightflow available as a shared library?  In that case it will
> issue a warning about incompatible API versions when you use it from
> Python 2.0, but in actuality it's likely that it doesn't use any of
> the changed APIs, so it'll actually work just fine.
>
> Of course, this is for Unix or Linux; for Windows, the Python DLL name
> is (unfortunately?) compiled into extensions...

I am currently doing the coding on Win32, because the usage and
installation of VPython is much easier on this platform, and for me OpenGL
runs smoother on Win32 (which is a shame).

Kind regards, Markus