[Edu-sig] lesson plans?

Jonathan Pennington Jonathan Pennington <john@coastalgeology.org>
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:27:02 -0500

Well, It looks like I'll soon be teaching Python in middle school
*and* college. I was going through my "Learning Python" book
(O'Reilly) and putting together some preliminary lesson plans when I
thought that others might have some. Of course, we will all have
different styles and angles, but they're only guides after all.

I was also going to put together a lab-based learning manual for the
middle school over the summer. It will be geared specifically to
students around the 7-9 grade range, and hopefully run, start to
finish, through an actual large programming task so that there is a
definite finished product at the end of the year/cycle. This is to
prevent the necessity of books, which we saddly cannot afford. Is
anyone else planning something similiar?

I'm going to write it in LaTeX and place it online in ps, pdf, and
html. I know that there are alot of manuals online already, but with
no offense to the authors, my middle school kids just don't "get it"
when reading them. This book will be written *with* middle school
kids. Collaboration is very welcome.

-J
--
Jonathan Pennington		| http://coastalgeology.org
Site Manager			| Protection and stewardship