[Edu-sig] Re: Who is teaching Python

Jeff Sandys sandysj@asme.org
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:39:39 -0800 (PST)

Christine Shannon <shannon@centre.edu> wrote:

> Our students run the gamut ... fine arts majors who are exploring.

How was the Python learning experience for the fine arts majors?

I remember a neat abstract painting Python applications that
was also intended to be used for teaching Python, but I can't
find a link for it.  Can anyone help?

> I have use three different ones <text books> so far ...
> The level is either too elementary or ...

Which 3 books did you use?

Kirby Urner <urnerk@qwest.net> wrote:
> More in the pipeline -- Python teaching texts -- geared
> towards using with students ...

Are any of these texts appropriate for middle school students?

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys