[Edu-sig] Re: Simple frame buffer module

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:38:52 -0700

FYI, PythonCard contains a fairly elaborate turtle graphics library and set
of samples that also happen to do plot, lineTo, etc. There are various
samples plotting chaotic functions, coordinate grids, and fractals. There is
even a generic plot sample that is a bit strange, but can plot any generic
function since it uses eval to do its work.

http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

Pictures of the turtle(s) (you can have any number of turtles you want) in
action are at:
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/samples2.html

You can drive the turtle, do plotting, etc. from the shell or write a
script. samples\turtle\test_turtle.py is the main program to run if you
download PythonCard and want to try it out. PythonCard requires wxPython to
run.

The one thing it is really missing is an offscreen frame buffer, I just
haven't had time to do it. Consequently, when you cover up the window, you
lose the current drawing, but I'll fix that in the future unless somebody
beats me to it.

ka
---
Kevin Altis