[Edu-sig] Re: Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:15:38 -0700

>But let's give them 2 different names.  One is called the Python
>Calculator and the other the Python Numeric Type Calculator.
>
>One is sadly broken and the other works perfectly - but they are
>exactly the same little toy.
>
>If you see my wonderfully made little point.
>
>ART

But then, programming with variables, the type of which may not
be readily known to the reader, is not the same thing as raw
entry of numbers into a calculator.  Just looking at raw numbers
is to all together miss the point of adding a // key to this
calculator (and saving / from doing double-duty depending on
the type of inputs we feed it).

Kirby