[Edu-sig] Re: VisAd anyone ?

Arthur Siegel ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:21:53 -0400

Jason wrote -
> Just checked a link to Bill Hubbard's good work on VisAD and was delighted
> to find there is now a JPython module...
>
> I thought Art and others here might appreciate really this:

I knew of and in fact had downloaded VisAD, but
never really got to it.  Didn't know it had done something specifically with
JPython (should say Jython, support) scripting - which does make it even
more interesting to explore, for me. Thanks Jason, for the info.

For anyone who hasn't caught it, there was an announcement this week of
Jython development  commencing on Sourceforge as the successor to JPython -
CNRI having decided so far to sit on their JPython trademark.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thought folks might be interested in knowing:

Kirby had to leave suddenly to go to South Africa, where his parents
had lived. Auto accident. Only his mother survived. Know this from an
another list we share.

Assumedly EDU-SIG might not hear from him for a bit.

Thought (hope) he might appreciate having the situation explained here,
since he has been such an active force.

ART