[Edu-sig] Now I went and did it.

Arthur Siegel ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:55:57 -0400

Kirby -
>In any case, if nothing else, I think PyGeo proved a central
>tenet of this list, which is that Python is a great ladder into
>higher level programming for people relatively new to the
>discipline (which you've subsequently developed).  You've made
>this point as well.

I think you once called me a poster boy for Python as a first language.

I hope so. I do all this very part-time - and am out there doing some decent
Java stuff at this point - the step from Python to Java having been pretty
painless.

Which is among the reasons I remain devoted to the concept of introducing
programming via Python - and despite my (considerable) frustrations on the
EDU-SIG list.

ART