[Edu-sig] Now I went and did it!

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:56:21 -0500

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 02:50:36PM -0400, David Scherer wrote:
> If you haven't already, why don't you take a look at the 'visual' module?
> (part of VPython)
>
> http://cil.andrew.cmu.edu/projects/visual

I'd like to try this, but I'm concerned about how well it will coexist
with the other Python installations on my Windows NT 4 machine.  I've
got:

     Python 1.6, for general Python use.
     Python ? as installed as a component of Alice 99.
     Python 1.5.? as installed as a component of Zope 2.2.2.

Will VisualPython work in that environment without interfering with
those other Python instances?

I'm not enthused about installing Yet Another Python and dealing with
its quirks.  Do you have any plans to distribute Visual Python as an
extension to Python 1.6 or 2.0, rather than as a completely separate
product?

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370