[Edu-sig] Now I went and did it!

Steve Litt slitt@troubleshooters.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:18:15 -0400

Hi all,

Not that it matters on this particular mailing list, but I'm a Linux/Open
Source advocate and a harsh critic of Microsoft. This is just in the way of
explanation.

So I went to "Technology Night" at our childrens' school, and it turned out
to be nothing but a Microsoft indoctrination for elementary students. So I
offered to put on an age-appropriate demo of Open Source technology at the
next technology night.

So now I need to put on a dog and pony show. It must be so interesting to
kids that they don't get bored or fidgit. I think that calls for some sort
of action game. And it must clearly demonstrate that it fills an
educational need to the parents.

It seems to me that Python + Idle + some of the ideas I've seen expressed
on this list would do the trick. Whaddya all think? Kirby -- any ideas?

I've crossposted this to my LUG, LEAP-CF, because I anticpate that my
fellow LUGsters and myself will be the people who actually put on this show.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Litt
Webmaster, Troubleshooters.Com