[Edu-sig] Cryptonomicon

Dinu C. Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:01:43 +0100

Dustin Mitchell wrote:

> A clear implementation of various crypto algorithms in Python would be a
> great thing to have around.  If we can take its bit-length down to, oh,
> 9, then the numbers are numbers high-schoolers can crunch in a class
> period with a calculator, but the computer can take care of a lot of the
> calculations automatically.

I thought the very same thing maybe a year ago, when I im-
plemented MD5 in pure Python. Unfortunately, I had many
other things to do right after that, so I discontinued that.
I'd be happy to send my code to anybody who wants to spend
a tiny bit of time doing just a bit of debugging in order
to make it run correctly for input strings longer than 2**32
(or so).

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-