[Edu-sig] Python in physics class

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 20:17:17 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm a high school physics teacher, and I'd like to try some Python
programming in my class next year. Be advised, I teach the math-lite version
of our physics class. This will be the students' first exposure to computer
programming, and many of them are less than stellar math students.

I'm thinking that some basic programming would be an interesting way to
introduce some of the mathematical reasoning and methods that they'll need.
Does anyone have any experience with something like this, or any ideas for
activities?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/