[Edu-sig] testing colorized code sharing

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 00:25:39 -0400

[Guido, replying to Kirby]
> There's some code around that can help with the colorization.
> my brother wrote a module PyFontify that I found was recently used
> in a PDF generator.  It doesn't generate HTML but that's the easy part --
> recognizing Python syntax is the hard part.

And Marc-Andre Lemburg did the easy part <wink>.  Look for py2html.py at

    http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/

It builds on Just van Rossum's PyFontify.py.  To see it in action, M-A's
page has a box in which you can enter the URL of any Python script on the
web.  Of course you can also grab the py2html.py source code too.