[Edu-sig] Software Engineering for everyone? -- In a way

Stephen R. Figgins fig@oreilly.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:47:26 -0800

Wow, that reminds me of one of the most important things about being a
naturalist, or a scientist in general, journaling.  I hadn't thought
of this in connection to computer programming.  Though I have kept a
SysAdmin journal sporadically for some time.  Whenever I get lazy and
don't write something down I generally end up cursing myself later.

Something that has helped my own progress as a naturalist has been
seeing the journals of others.  What sorts of things do you log on a
regular basis?  Do you have some really nice journal pages you would
be willing to share?  I wonder what other Programmer's out there are
journalers?  What could we learn from seeing their journals?

Stephen