[Edu-sig] PyGeo

Jason L. Asbahr jasbahr@austin.rr.com
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 01:23:03 -0600

At 07:21 PM 3/2/00 -0600, Dustin James Mitchell wrote:
>I think this is the kind of advantage you can get from interfacing Python
>directly with the rendering system, rather than using a separate
>application -- immediate feedback.    And to students trying to grasp
>difficult OO concepts, immediate feedback is both helpful and engaging.

Absolutely!  Or to put it another way, it's the kind of advantage you
can get from interfacing Python directly with the *simulation* system.
The model is Python as a microworld toolkit -- with realtime 3D rendering
as one of many possible outputs of the simulation state.

Cheers,

Jason Asbahr
Origin Systems, Inc.
jasbahr@origin.ea.com