[Edu-sig] Future of CP4E after CNRI?

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:39:04 -0700

>I am not aware of any announcement - it just seems to me an empirical
>fact. Watch what they do, was Tim's advice. I'm taking it.

Tim was saying it's not a "they".  I'm watching what _you_
do, as much as anyone.  Guido, Art, Tim, Jeff, Jeff's
students... all the same to me (Kirby).  Just more talented
people in a position to make a difference, to advance CP4E.

Every one of us is a piece on a chess board, strategically
positioned.  We don't all make the same moves, aren't capable
of substituting for one another necessarily, we're not all
cut from the same mold or presented with the same opportunities.

But from my viewpoint, it's NOT "Guido, Elkner on stage" and
"everyone else in the audience" getting to offer judgments
and critiques as if they're just spectators, and not
responsible in any way for the success or failure of CP4E.

Kirby