[Edu-sig] Learning from a book...

Jeffrey Elkner jelkner@yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:36:47 -0500

I completely agree with Dustin.  In fact, books are probably more "crucial"
for teachers than they are for students, but in any case having good textbooks
is a necessary but not sufficient condition for getting Python into schools.  We
also need the other kinds of support materials that Dustin lists.  A really
good example of kind of materials that we need is the livewires materials that
Richard Crook and Gareth McCaughan sent me.  I am using them in my classroom
now and they are proving very effective.  The Open Book Project
(http://yhslug.tux.org/obp) will have those materials up within a week.
Livewires also has some nice training materials at:

http://www.livewires.org.uk/python.html

Perhaps Guido could include these on the edu-sig page?  Thanks

jeff