[Edu-sig] On case sensitivity

Hank Fay hank@prosysplus.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:10:07 -0500

Case consistency in place of case sensitivity will make it much easier to
convert xBase programmers to Python.

xBase programming is an interesting language to study from an historical
perspective: it has changed as needed to meet the needs of the users, rather
than the theoretical concepts of cs.  As a result, it has become more and
more productive over time.  Evolution to meet real life needs is a good
thing. <s>

Hank

http://www.prosysplus.com