[Edu-sig] Articles of possible interest

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:30:34 -0700

At 06:07 PM 04/27/2000 -0500, Dorothea wrote:
>	I have been lurking for a while on edu-sig, and have read its
>archive, so of course I was pleased to see the article. I found myself
>reacting rather strongly to it, and have written up my observations and
>placed them on the Web.

Read the article, liked the polemics OK.

I agree with the focus on text/alphanumeric, as per my
http://www.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2000-February/000211.html

Would like to see Hamming Distance introduced earlier in
math ed, Levenshtein too.[1]  Pretty geeky!  Who wants to
supply some function defs?

Kirby

PS:  also Guido's article makes little allowance for geek
guys who might likewise have playful uses for Barbies e.g.
here are some links that geeks of both (?) persuasions
might enjoy:

E.g:
http://www.nondairy.com/People/Raven/keychains.html
http://www.atticusbooks.com/mondobarbie.html