[Edu-sig] RE : walky-talky

Arthur Siegel siegel@eico.com
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:32:50 -0400

>I think so too.  Cool.  :)

>This is the sort of thing I would *love* to do with a high
>school class.

I'm glad. Though a big 3D fan, I'm also excited about this product line.

While not a teacher, I do have the advantage of having a real live
16 year old at home.  When we're speaking - not now as it happens  (we fell
out
this morning when I took him out for a driving lesson) - I get a pretty good
view
of the world through his eyes. Some of my input here is really him talking
through me.

I'm making an effort to annotate David's walky-talky code for my son.
He's a savvy Internet user, learned a little HTML at school, played with VB
for
a few days.  Otherwise he's starting from groung zero as a programmer.

I'll probably post it up once it's in some shape.

ART