[Python Edinburgh] Python Edinburgh - Talks on Tuesday

Mark Smith judy at judy.co.uk
Fri May 22 16:24:27 CEST 2015

Hello Everybody,

Next Tuesday, Miles Gould is giving a talk on linear optimisation in Python
-- something I don't know anything about, so I'll let him describe it:

----
Linear Optimization in Python:
(or, efficiently search absurdly huge spaces using this one weird trick)

Many practical search and optimization problems - such as scheduling
nurses' shifts, laying out components on a chip, or feeding yourself
cheaply and healthily - can be stated as "linear programs" (LPs), which can
be solved by efficient general tools. I'll introduce LPs, give some
examples, and show how to use LP solvers in your Python code - and
hopefully convince you that NP-completeness is not necessarily something to
be feared.
----

I'm really looking forward to learning something new, and I hope you are
too!

The talks will be hosted at FanDuel's offices. Pizza and beer will be
provided (thanks FanDuel!) from 6:30 onwards, and we'll start the talk when
the pizza runs out, or people are full. Due to limited space, please sign
up for a ticket at:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/python-edinburgh-may-talks-tickets-17098710704

Any questions, reply to the list.

Hope to see you there!