[Python Edinburgh] Python Workshop/Support group Edinburgh

Becky Smith rebkwok at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:46:37 CET 2014

I second the idea of events that include Python Edinburgh, Django Girls and
PyLadies; one of my aims in setting up PyLadies was to encourage more women
to also attend Python Edinburgh events, which hasn't really happened yet.
However, a beginner/learning event would be much approachable for newcomers.

In terms of venues, I imagine CodeBase would also be a good bet - they've
already made a general offer for space for PyLadies workshops.

Bring your own project is a good idea, but total beginners may not have got
far enough to have a project to bring, or to think of one that's realistic
for their current skills level.  It would be useful to pool a list of ideas
for beginners' projects that people could pick from if they don't already
have one. There are a links to a few in the pyladies new coders resources
as a starting point:
https://github.com/PyLadiesEdinburgh/pyladies_guides/blob/master/python_resources_for_new_coders.md

Becky