[Python Edinburgh] Python Devs Needed

John Peebles jjp at administrate.co
Wed Jun 13 11:54:31 CEST 2012

Hi All ­ I was told by Dougal Matthews I could send over a job advert to
this list.  We're in need of two great python devs to help us transition our
php application to a newer and better footing.

Thanks!

Who We Are

Administrate helps training providers run better businesses. We love how our
products make our users¹s lives and businesses better. The customer may not
always be right, but they always deserve the best and we strive to deliver
solutions that are second to none.

We are also a real company, with an established global customer base, a
solid core team and a clear vision of where we are going, and how we will
get there.

Who You Are

You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge,
always looking to improve, you broke your first computer exploring what made
it tick, then you rebuilt it, better than it was before.
Better...stronger...faster.

You build your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and
reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the
wheel. Do things once, if people think you're doing it twice, they are
wrong, you scripted it weeks ago.

You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job
done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't
do 'ok'. If something sucks you say why, and how to sort it, it doesn't
matter who's being stupid. You're honest to a fault.

You love to work with smart people and hate mediocrity. Small teams, dynamic
companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled. Bureaucracy is
for someone else who likes wasting time and effort.

Work hard. Work smart.

What You'll Do

Work on business critical applications with real customers around the world.
We aren't building better social todo lists here, we do real software with
real engineering.

Develop solutions in a variety of languages and leading technologies. Our
core system is PHP, but we use Python and even good old statically typed,
complied languages where required.

What You'll Get

Something to talk about. Real programmers have stories about code, we have a
7 year old codebase. You will have stories, good ones about defeating
dragons, saving distressed peasants and founding cities that reach to the
sky.

Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas wins,
whomever has them.

Paid, in real money, not promises, from an established company.

More Information

More information is here:
http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/administrate/software-engineer/cTHsFQRX4r4AGJeJ
e4bk1X