[Python Edinburgh] Edinburgh Python Pub Meetup

Jonathan Street jonathan at jonathanstreet.com
Sat Jan 29 11:45:31 CET 2011

That second video especially is very impressive.

It was a good night.  I think Douglas was the only one who had been to a
previous one so I can't say how it compared but I certainly enjoyed it and
am looking forward to the next one.

In addition to card tricks, python was occasionally discussed.  Particularly
relating to databases and data analysis.

The django database model was mentioned along with sqlalchemy.  Douglas was
looking for ammo to support choosing python over php and I was trying to
recall the php equivalent of sqlalchemy ( http://www.doctrine-project.org/ &
http://www.propelorm.org/ )

For data analysis I think everyone had heard of numpy, scipy and
matplotlib.  I also mentioned http://mdp-toolkit.sourceforge.net/ but then
didn't explain what it does especially well.