[Python Edinburgh] Umbrella company recommendation?

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:35:08 CET 2010

        A vaguely remembered partial (possibly mostly made up) quote from my accountant."I would strongly advice against using an umbrella company. The Inland Revenue is coming down on them at the moment and you'll almost always end up loosing a bigger cut and having less control."Or something like that, he said a few other things too but I don't fully remember. I realise he wants my business but in the grand scheme of things a one man limited company is a small fish compared to the other companies at his firm, so I doubt he's *that* bothered.It may well be worth going the accountant route, its not that hard. I'm just getting into it and you can get setup quickly (I formed a company in a week).Cheers,
        Dougal
        -- Dougal Matthewswww.dougalmatthews.comwww.twitter.com/d0ugal