[docs] [issue30840] Contrary to documentation, relative imports cannot pass through the top level

Joannah Nanjekye report at bugs.python.org
Mon Apr 15 12:00:02 EDT 2019

Joannah Nanjekye <nanjekyejoannah at gmail.com> added the comment:

I actually opened a PR with the relevant documentation suggested by @ncoghlan but what am wondering is.

when @ncoghlan says That part of the PEP was never implemented - relative imports have never been allowed to cross package boundaries in practice, does it mean we dont need this to work anymore as was earlier put in the PEP?  In which case this issue will be closed if my PR is merged or we should actually implement it to complete everything the PEP specified?

nosy: +nanjekyejoannah