[docs] [issue34115] code.InteractiveConsole.interact() closes stdin

Yonatan Zunger report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jul 21 17:14:35 EDT 2018

Yonatan Zunger <zunger at humu.com> added the comment:

Definitely agree about the difference.

I'd say that either SystemExit or EOFError would be a reasonable thing for
the interactive session to do, but the combination of closing stdin and
SystemExit is really weird. Honestly, I would have just expected interact()
to return like an ordinary function when it was done; the logic of "it's
time to close the terminal window" feels like it belongs at a *much* higher
level of the stack.