[docs] python cam style docs on mac

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Sun Jul 3 14:10:51 EDT 2016

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/1oeantoc6n5zav9mkp4e6rmlq/local-25e3c6bb-
d01f?r=ZG9jc0BweXRob24ub3Jn)

On Jul 3 2016, at 6:33 am, Manikandan Bakthavatchalam
<mani.baktha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> First, thanks for this wonderful language.

> I am using python on my mac OSX El Capitan. Where can I find the offline
help files on my mac? In windows, I see people using the offline chm. This is
very useful while programming without having to browse the internet for docs
each time.

> regards,
> Manikandan

Hi Manikandan,

We're happy that you like the Python language :-)

One way to have the Python documentation offline on OS X would be to go to the
documentation website (docs.python.org) and then download the entire
documentation (link in the sidebar on the upper left).

Another way would be to download the CPython source code and build the docs
locally.

Hope that helps,

Carol