[docs] UUID docs should say how to get "standard form" (issue 26267)

ammar at ammaraskar.com ammar at ammaraskar.com
Thu Dec 8 19:52:02 EST 2016

https://bugs.python.org/review/26267/diff/18046/Doc/library/uuid.rst#newcode56

https://docs.python.org/3/library/decimal.html#decimal.Decimal.compare

https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#numeric-types-int-float-complex

> > Is there a preferred style for documenting operators? Which one
should I use
> > here?
> >
> > (apparently I forgot to click the publish button on Rietveld, I
wrote this day
> > before yesterday)
>
> Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my earlier message. I was referring to
the
> following paragraph in datetime documentation:
>
>     Comparisons of timedelta objects are supported with the timedelta
object
> representing the smaller duration considered to be the smaller
timedelta. In
> order to stop mixed-type comparisons from falling back to the default
comparison
> by object address, when a timedelta object is compared to an object of
> different type, TypeError is raised unless the comparison is == or !=.
The
> latter cases return False or True, respectively.
>
> https://docs.python.org/3/library/datetime.html#timedelta-objects
>
> In other words, instead of using too much markup, it would be nice to
document
> that it supports comparison operators in prose.

I've updated it so the comparison operators are explain in prose but
there's still markup for the str() operator.

http://bugs.python.org/review/26267/