[docs] [issue25179] PEP 498 f-strings need to be documented

Emanuel Barry report at bugs.python.org
Sat Nov 7 16:58:21 EST 2015

Emanuel Barry added the comment:

I think f-strings should be valid as docstrings. I don't know the exact details, but I think it would be harder to prevent rather than allow them. It would be exactly the same as doing func.__doc__ = func.__doc__.format(foo=foo, bar=bar)

It probably wouldn't be useful in most cases, but I don't see why we should restrict the use of f-strings to non-docstrings (not counting users trying to do that and stumbling across this error).

nosy: +ebarry