[docs] [issue9694] argparse required arguments displayed under "optional arguments"

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Sat May 16 02:30:11 CEST 2015

Martin Panter added the comment:

Is there any interest in my or Ryan’s patches, which change the default heading away from “optional arguments”? Changing the default is my preferred fix, but if others don’t like it (e.g. compatibility concerns), I am happy to work on a documentation patch according to <https://bugs.python.org/issue9694#msg132327>.

I don’t see how adding an extra help groups API is very helpful though. The problem here is that the default help group headings are wrong (or at least misleading to many people).

stage: needs patch -> patch review