[docs] [issue16508] include the "object" type in the lists of documented types

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 30 14:43:09 CEST 2015

Martin Panter added the comment:

Here is a patch. Perhaps it is what you had in mind. I added quick mentions of the “object” class to The Standard Type Hierarchy and Other Built-in Types. I added documentation of what the object class’s own implementations do where it provides them. I added sentences pointing out that other methods are not provided by the object class, where I thought it may not already be clear. I also added a test case to check that various methods exist or not, to match the documentation.

keywords: +patch
nosy: +vadmium
stage: needs patch -> patch review
versions: +Python 3.5, Python 3.6 -Python 3.3
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file40066/object-type.patch