[docs] [issue23756] Tighten definition of bytes-like objects

Stefan Krah report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jul 27 14:36:46 CEST 2015

Stefan Krah added the comment:

Sorry, I'm still not convinced that the C-contiguity explanation is in the right place. The docs have to be terse in order to be useful as a reference, and the explanation at that particular location breaks the flow of reading.  So, please don't commit that.

The glossary update looks good to me. -- C-contiguity could also be
explained in the glossary, but I prefer this explanation from

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.array.html

"Specify the order of the array. If order is ‘C’ (default), then the array will be in C-contiguous order (last-index varies the fastest). If order is ‘F’, then the returned array will be in Fortran-contiguous order (first-index varies the fastest)."

assignee: skrah ->