[docs] [issue25768] compileall functions do not document or test return values

Brett Cannon report at bugs.python.org
Sun Dec 27 16:18:49 EST 2015

Brett Cannon added the comment:

Thanks for the patch, Nicholas! I have added you to Misc/ACKS.

I did tweak the patch, though, to have the functions return booleans instead of 1 or 0 and thus tweaked the docs to be less specific about the return type as well as the tests only doing assertTrue and assertFalse instead of directly comparing against 1 or 0 (which would have still worked, but I prefer the weaker definition in case the return value changes in the future).

resolution:  -> fixed
stage: commit review -> resolved
status: open -> closed