[docs] Standardize documentation whitespace, formatting (issue 23921)

jheiv at jheiv.com jheiv at jheiv.com
Tue Apr 14 21:56:25 CEST 2015

http://bugs.python.org/review/23921/diff/14500/Doc/howto/logging-cookbook.rst
File Doc/howto/logging-cookbook.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/23921/diff/14500/Doc/howto/logging-cookbook.rst#newcode713
Doc/howto/logging-cookbook.rst:713: if record is None:     # We send
this as a sentinel to tell the listener to quit.
On 2015/04/14 15:35:46, storchaka wrote:
> This line already is too long, and additional spaces make it even
longer. This
> violates PEP 8. I would left this code (and other long lines) as is.
You can
> open new issue for long lines in examples.

FTR, I relaxed the PEP-8 requirements in my script for long lines from
80 to 100 -- there were a significant number of lines that violated the
80 character width, and considerably less that violated the 100
character width.

I'll revert this change as you suggest, and then run a pass of the
script looking only for long lines and open a separate issue for them.

http://bugs.python.org/review/23921/diff/14500/Doc/library/html.parser.rst
File Doc/library/html.parser.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/23921/diff/14500/Doc/library/html.parser.rst#newcode294
Doc/library/html.parser.rst:294:
On 2015/04/14 15:35:46, storchaka wrote:
> Trailing spaces.

It's my understanding that these are needed for docutils to consider the
two sections part of a contiguous literal block.

http://bugs.python.org/review/23921/