[docs] SemLock acquire() keyword arg 'blocking' is invalid (issue 23484)

python at discontinuity.net python at discontinuity.net
Wed Apr 8 22:10:32 CEST 2015

Hi Berker --

Unrelated to this but thanks also for finishing off issue23400 today.

Davin

https://bugs.python.org/review/23484/diff/14347/Doc/library/multiprocessing.rst
File Doc/library/multiprocessing.rst (right):

https://bugs.python.org/review/23484/diff/14347/Doc/library/multiprocessing.rst#newcode1199
Doc/library/multiprocessing.rst:1199: .. versionchanged:: 2.7
Looking back through the prior branches, it turns out the timeout
parameter was introduced in 2.6 (same branch where multiprocessing
itself was introduced) and it is present in 3.0 upwards too.
Unfortunately I trusted or misinterpreted the docs that suggested
otherwise -- makes your reacting to this an especially good catch.

I think the right thing to do is to remove the versionchanged line
altogether since both 'block' and 'timeout' have been there pretty much
since the beginning.  I'll make that quick change and update the patch
files.

On 2015/04/02 18:00:10, davin wrote:
> On 2015/04/01 17:36:10, berkerpeksag wrote:
> > If the timeout parameter was added in 2.7 and 3.0, we can remove
this
> directive
> > on 3.4 and default branches since it's there for the beginning of
Python 3.