[docs] improve documentation for enumerate() (built-in function) (issue 22725)

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Nov 3 14:58:34 CET 2014

http://bugs.python.org/review/22725/diff/13194/Doc/library/functions.rst
File Doc/library/functions.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/22725/diff/13194/Doc/library/functions.rst#newcode361
Doc/library/functions.rst:361: Return an enumerate object which when
:term`iterated <iterable>` yields a
On 2014/11/03 07:44:04, ezio.melotti wrote:
> "which when iterated" sounds a bit weird to me.  Would it be better if
commas
> were added before and after "when iterated"?

It sounds weird to me with the commas, but I think this is a grey area
in English and I have no objection to changing it.  (In my mind the
'when iterated' is an essential part of the clause and not a separate
clause, but I'm not sure that's meaningful.)

> The link to "iterable" could also be moved to "enumerate object", even
though it
> might be somewhat misleading if one expects it to link to the
documentation of
> the actual enumerate object.

I don't see that that would be clearer.

http://bugs.python.org/review/22725/