[docs] Python doc google search results 3.0 vs 2.6

Christopher J. White chris at grierwhite.com
Tue May 13 00:08:17 CEST 2014

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is a bug or just a weirdness with google.  When I do a
google search such as "python subprocess", the first result that comes
back looks like the following:

Showing results for python subprocess

      17.1. /subprocess/ - /Python/ 3.4.0 documentation
      <https://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html>

https://docs.*python*.org/2/library/*subprocess*.html

The /subprocess/ module allows you to spawn new processes, connect to
their input/output/error pipes, and obtain their return codes. This
module intends to ...

Notice the header says 3.4.0 but the link goes to python.org/2, and in
fact when you click you are looking at the 2.x version docs.

I noticed this crop up about a week ago, I see it on lots of searches.
I don't see any reference to 3.4.0 in the source for that file, so I'm
not sure how it could be a python.org issue, but I'm not a search engine
expert.

...cj